Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hot Summer Trend: DAY PARTIES

        If you've ever gone to CIAA then you know that there's nothing more fun than a hot day party! Maybe it's because the term "day party" is almost an oxymoron, or maybe because "partying like a rock star" in the middle of the afternoon is the epitome of what it means to be on vacation. But whatever the allure of a bangin' day party, Atlanta has captured it and taken it to a "whole 'nother level!" After attending a few "super packed," "super fun" ones, I decided I'd be doing the city and my fellow "lounge lovers" a HUGE disservice if I didn't feature some of the best day parties Atlanta has to offer. So every weekend for the next 5 weeks, I will try to attend a different day party and tell you what I saw, what I thought, and whether you need to be there. I"ll also tell you in advance where I'm going so you can make your way over to enjoy the sights, sounds and flavor of the hottest day parties in the city!! My list (so far) includes:
        Cafe Circa - FM2 is tackling this venue in their first day party undertaking. This party will be 4/28/12 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. I attended and featured their previous events on my blog and they were hittin' so I have no reason to expect anything less this time. They have proven that they know how to set it out and draw a grown and sexy crowd that knows how to "get it in." This time, they've taken it up a notch and enlisted the help of 2 gorgeous hosts, Bria, a local stylist, and celebrity designer and stylist, Miguel Wilson, of Miguel Wilson Menswear. This super charismatic duo promise to make a hot, sexy venue even hotter and sexier by keeping the vibe festive and exciting. The biggest treat however, will be the band. These guys have secured "Gritz and Jelly Butter" to provide the music for their soiree. If you have never experienced their unique sound before, brace yourself for something special. Their sound is cool, sexy and hype without even trying. This 3 man band "brings it" like no other. Mere words can't do them justice though, so I need you to come check them out for yourself. (For more info on Cafe Circa, see my post: Five Fabulous First Date Spots)
        Loca Luna - This spot hosts a day party every Sunday and it is CRAZY!!! I was there last Sunday (4/15/12) and it was every thing I had heard and more. First of all, it's crazy crowded. But because of its large, spacious layout and ample two tier patio, it worked. The menu is tapas, and is pretty much the same as its sister lounge, Eclipse di Luna (see past post). Unfortunately, I couldn't partake of any because I didn't arrive in time to secure a table. Standing room only eating is not for me. I did however, have several drinks. I went back to my old faithful, Coconut Ciroc and pineapple juice. The bartender made a very decent one, which simply means they didn't pour me a glass of pineapple juice and sprinkle a drop of vodka across the top. I hate that so kudos to the Bar staff for not needing me to tell them how to mix a drink. The music was pretty good as well. They had a band which did a great job of keeping the crowd engaged. They performed the hip hop and R&B tunes that we like to hear when we go out to party so that was cool. When the band wasn't playing, the DJ kept it hot so the music gets a thumbs up. I definitely recommend this spot on a sunny Atlanta Sunday when you feel like getting out to have a drink, smoke a cigar and mingle with friends.
Rafael Escoto (left) enjoys a cigar on Loca Luna's patio 

The patio at Loca Luna is packed to capacity every Sunday
A slight glimpse of the band setting it out for us at Loca Luna's every Sunday for their hot day party

Check out the tropical decor at Loca Luna. A taste of South Beach right here in The "A"

        Shout - Someone (gotta find out who) hosts a day party at Shout once a month throughout the summer. I caught the very first one of the season last month (March 25th; see post and pic) quite by accident. It was jam packed with my favorite kind of folk to people watch: the fly, sexy, gorgeous, fun and rich!!! Today, a source told me that installment 2 of this party is taking place this Sunday coming up (4/29/12.) I will check it out and post a confirmation by Wednesday. If it is, you definitely want to go check it out. You can attempt to split your time between this one and Loca Luna or you can check this one out since Loca Luna happens every Sunday and this is just once per month. Either way, you're in for a fabulous Sunday!
****IT'S OFFICIAL: THE DAY PARTY AT SHOUT IS THIS SUNDAY, 4/29/12!!****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback on your experience at any of the "lounges" mentioned on "Lounge Around Atlanta" are greatly appreciated.