Thursday, March 15, 2012


The Weekend Lounge Forecast: Thursday 3/15/12 – Sunday 3/18/12

As the weekend approaches in the ATL my inner party girl starts to awaken; and she is out of control. She has an insatiable appetite for being in the midst of the fly-est people in the hottest spots ATL has to offer. Beyonce has "Sasha Fierce" and I have "_______."  Well, I haven’t figured her name out yet, but she’s in there.
Anyway, this city has such hyperactive energy that my “mental” weekend begins Wednesday evening @ 6:00. It doesn't help matters when the weather is as warm and delightful as it was today (80 degrees in March!!) I try to fight it but by Thursday, I lose the battle and it’s time to get dressed, get out, and get krunk!

So....... what's on my radar for this glorious "feel like spring" weekend? Here are my top picks:

Thursday 3/15/12:
Top Pick: bar.ONE, 687 Memorial Drive, Grant Park. Of course I'm hyping bar.ONE again for this Thursday's "must go to" spot. The guys from FM2 promise to "bring it" again this week as they host their 2nd consecutive Thursday night hot spot there. If you've never been to bar.ONE, read my post from last week for details. But trust me, it’s fabulous. Great food and drinks, both reasonably priced so you can have fun tonight without having to file bankruptcy tomorrow. I hyped the lemon drop martinis last week (my all-time fave) but this week I'm going to mix it up & rock with Coconut Ciroc and pineapple juice.

I love that bar.ONE, unlike other lounges, has the full selection of Ciroc flavors.  I predict that tonight will be even hotter than last Thursday, so meet me at bar.ONE in a few. I'll be the fly girl at the bar sippin’, laughin’ and enjoyin’ the scenery.

Friday 3/16/12:
My Friday night lounge pick is Bottle Bar located in Buckhead at 268 East Paces Ferry Road. This spot has many features that make it my Friday night pick: large patio with its own bar, excellent location, unique menu of delicious tapas and tasty but potent drinks. Best of all, they play banging music; the kind you want to "whip your hair to" after you've had a long week of work and stress. Check for a more detailed post on Bottle Bar this Sunday. I'll be there on Friday partying with you for writing inspiration!

Saturday 3/17/12:
Aurum, located in Midtown at 915 Peachtree Street  is definitely my Saturday night lounge pick. I went to Aurum last Saturday (3/10) and "rocked out." It was packed and the music was some of the best I've heard out (not counting strip clubs) since I moved from DC to Atlanta last July. For full details, check out my feature post on Aurum where I give a detailed description of the fab scene I stumbled upon last Saturday when I was there. But I will drop this tidbit now: if you want to go somewhere where you'll be amongst a sexy, vibrant crowd of people that know how to "get it in," Aurum is your Saturday night spot. Only the strong survive as you'll see from the pic displayed of one patron who didn't know "when" to say "when." But no judgment here playa: it "be’s" like that sometimes. Anyway, come out to Aurum this Saturday and validate (or invalidate) all my hype. Don't stand me up!!

Sunday 3/18/12:
By Sunday, I'm usually ready to wind down and chill out so I usually don't go anywhere......However, if "my name-less inner party girl" isn't ready to surrender my body yet, I'm out for 1 more day of partying! Thankfully, she allows me to take the "krunk" down a few levels and do something calm. So my Sunday pick is the bar at the St. Regis Hotel (88 West Paces Ferry Road NW .)  The bar at St Regis offers a sophisticated crowd and ambiance with excellent service to match. Ladies who want to meet a baller, slip on something sexy any night of the week and post up at the bar here. Stay tuned for a future post featuring The St. Regis when I spotlight my favorite hotel bars in the city.

So there you have it: my weekend forecast and top lounge picks. Tune in Monday to see if I was "right on" or "right off."  I'll be at every spot so if u see me, shout me out…… and buy me a drink!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback on your experience at any of the "lounges" mentioned on "Lounge Around Atlanta" are greatly appreciated.