Saturday, July 28, 2012

Intro to Summer Madness!


Hi Followers,

          I have to first apologize for dropping off the face of the earth and leaving you on your own to discover fun and exciting things to occupy your time for almost a whole month this summer. I have been really busy; and particularly busy this past month. I edited a great book, “The Art of Starting Over” by new author, Kine Corder. You can look for it in book stores this fall/winter. I also started working as an Editor and Staff Assistant at the best resume writing company in Atlanta and beyond: Blueprint Resumes. But now that I have had time to catch my breath………. I want to share with you a few great things to do, see, eat, drink and enjoy that celebrate and embrace the magic of summer in my favorite city!
Stay tuned this week for full-feature posts on:

Outdoor movies under the stars:

If you like movies but hate to waste a beautiful summer evening cooped up inside a cold, dark theater, I have an appealing option for you. How does the idea of packing a blanket, and a picnic basket with a nice crusty loaf, a wedge of smoky Gouda cheese, a great bottle of wine and your significant other sound? Or, would you rather pack up the kids, the dog, sandwiches and make it a family thing? Check back tomorrow to see where you can go to make this happen.

Music and Wine in the Park:

I love a great band, but in the summer I don’t really want to do ANYTHING that prevents me from enjoying the great outdoors; especially since I moved to Atlanta where the weather is sunny and warm 95% of the time. With that said, I find nothing more perfect than finding a way to combine my love of live music and being outside. Add to that the opportunity to mix and mingle with new people, as well as sample good food and wine all in a beautiful, scenic location right in the middle of the city. It doesn’t get any better. Check back Monday and I’ll tell you when and where you can do this!

Delectable Summer Eats and Drinks:

 I’ll tell you where you can find the most delicious authentic tacos with fresh made shells featuring non-traditional fillings like blackened, grilled salmon with citrus slaw, rib eye steak, beef brisket, crispy tilapia and buttermilk fried chicken just to name a few. And get this: all priced at $3.00 and under!!! Do you love a good frozen drink on a hot and hazy day in the city? Well I’ll tell you where to get a refreshing frozen Mojito that also packs a punch. I’ll also hip you to a great place to enjoy one of my favorite summer time bevs: Sangria! Check me out on Tuesday for details on where to go for these summer-time staples.

Eye Candy on Steroids:

 Fact: Atlanta is full of beautiful women with CRAZY bodies. Anyone who lives here or has even visited - quickly becomes aware of this. Not only are the women physically gorgeous, but they often have that southern charm, hospitality and friendliness that helped coin the term: Southern Belle. Well, while you were sleeping, a new restaurant/tavern opened, that has gathered all of the most beautiful, shapely girls in the city as a part of their staff. Hooters should just go out of business! Not only is the all-girl wait staff gorgeous, but the food and drinks are spectacular; and bargain priced! I’ll let you know on Wednesday where this place is that will more than satisfy your senses of taste and sight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback on your experience at any of the "lounges" mentioned on "Lounge Around Atlanta" are greatly appreciated.